Acquisition in Google Analytics is an important section that helps you understand where your traffic comes from. When you combine that with goals it is powerful.
- Direct is traffic when users have typed your website URL directly into their browser.
- Referral is any traffic from any other website that has a link to your website.
- Social is traffic from any of your social media profiles.
- Other is anything else that Google Analytics can’t determine.
- Email is traffic that has come through emails and newsletters
- Paid Search is traffic that comes through AdWords Search
- Display is traffic that comes through AdWords Display Ads
You can find this information in Google Analytics.