The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) Canada is committed to planning, conducting and publishing scientific research and education supporting the beneficial uses of psychedelic medicines, including treatment for medical conditions, neuroscience, creativity and spirituality.
Supported by rigorous scientific evaluation of risks and benefits and through partnerships with academic, health, hospital and community organizations, MAPS Canada envisions a world where psychedelic therapies are legally and widely available.
The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) Canada envisions a world where psychedelics and marijuana are safely and legally available for beneficial uses and where research is governed by rigorous scientific evaluation of their risks and benefits.
MAPS Canada envisions global education based on science and cultural reintegration for the beneficial uses of psychedelics and marijuana.
MAPS Canada furthers its mission by:
• Providing evidence-based, honest public education about the risks and benefits of psychedelics.
• Supporting scientific research into many aspects of psychedelics including treatments for medical conditions, neuroscience, creativity and spirituality.
• Planning, conducting, and publishing scientific research of psychedelic medicines.
• Developing psychedelics into prescription medicines.
• Training psychedelic psychotherapists and working to establish a network of treatment centers that can provide this service in the context of professional best practices.
• Stimulate psychedelic research that will enable the further mainstreaming of psychedelic medicine as legal prescriptions.
• Build a diverse community of researchers and mobilize a network of volunteers.
• Educate scientists, therapists, teachers, students, and policy makers.
• Create dynamic, safe, ethical, and respectful learning and working environments.
• Develop enhanced infrastructures to support innovation and applied research.
• Partner with academic, health, hospital and community organizations to support and enhance psychedelic research.
• Train therapists to provide psychedelic psychotherapy guided by best practices.
• Plan, conduct and publish scientific research.
• Build a network of clinics where treatments can be provided.
• Transparency: Information is shared openly and clearly. Communications are respectful, honest, and forthright.
• Passion and Perseverance: We persist in the face of challenges. We have a sense of urgency about our work, and know that it’s a long-term effort.
• Intelligent Risk: Our decisions are informed by research and experience. We try new things and learn from our mistakes.
• Trust and Accountability: We value integrity and honesty, and embrace the highest standards.
• Inclusivity and sharing: We encourage a wide range of academic and health organizations to participate in psychedelic research and share our protocols with other groups of researchers.
Learn more at https://mapscanada.org/